Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pegawai Sains Kimia

Another interview but different position. Last time I wrote about Pegawai Sains Kimia Hayat but this time I was called for Pegawai Kimia.

Seriously, I had trouble gathering information for this position. A lot that I found is for Kimia Hayat. I thought writing about it could guide some of you, who are as clueless as I was, to prepare themselves for the interview session.

This is merely my advice to you guys. You don't have to follow everything and that's it. You can always improvise what I did and do much better than me. 

The key points are:
1) Learn a lot about Jabatan Kimia Malaysia. 
2) Brush up your knowledge about some of the analytical instruments that you did learn. e.g. NMR, HPLC, GCMS etc
3) Always update yourself on what's going on the news. Any current or ongoing issues in Malaysia and around the world.
4) I know I told you before but you need to be prepare if they ask about 'dasar-dasar kerajaan'. 

I think I had give out a lot of pointers for you guys. The rest depends on how well you speak. You have to show your maturity of thinking. I think that's how they will judge you. They might question your answer but be confident and watch your tone (provocation element). 

For first timer, in the interview room there will one representative from Jabatan Kimia and another from SPA. SPA would ask basic questions such as 'tell me about yourself', 'why you are interest to work with government' etc. Then, Jabatan Kimia would take over and ask about more technical stuff such as how to use this equipments, etc.

All the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment