Sunday, November 29, 2015

Kpop Star 5 - Brody B.

Guess who's back?!




It's our baby Brody! She's all grown up now~

"Hi~"

# Her appearance in Kpop Star 3 ⇒ click here

■ The judges were pleasantly surprised to see her again. Just look at their expression above.
■ The surprising part is how tall she had grown over the span of 2 years. 
She said around 7 inches, which is around 18 cm!
■ YHY said she was like a baby before, but now she's a young lady.
■ She told that she's been going to school as usual while improving her voice.
She thought that being in Kpop Star before was a great experience.
■ She decided to audition again to showcase her so-called 'new' voice.


■ She sang Meghan Trainor's 'Lips Are Movin' during regional audition.
The producer praised that she has improved.


■ A lot of people recognized her in the waiting room. She was like a celebrity~

HOWEVER!


■ She became quiet as her turn getting closer. Obviously she was nervous and stressed out
with all eyes on her. Can she meets everyone's expectations?



■ The song she prepared was Meghan Trainor's 'Dear Future Husband'.
# If you haven't watch the performance, click the link here.

■ Before she could finish the whole song, JYP stopped her.
The judges expression did not look good. #Oh no!

JYP - "You were much better 2 years ago. You used techniques this time but 
it does not seem like yours yet. Your voice was unstable, your pitch were insecure.
Your performance did not match my expectations".
YG - "I will look at it from a different angle. I think she was frozen up today.
She must be very nervous coming back here after eliminated before.
Back then she was too young and fearless. 
I want to give her another chance".
YHY - "I met her the first time I join Kpop Star and I still remember it clearly.
I felt something bittersweet. She was getting better as she advanced to the next round,
In consideration of how much she has improved, I want to give a chance 
to show what she got". 

JYP [✖]  YG [✔] YHY [✔]

# I was not impressed with her performance too
but considering how nervous she might be, let's give her another chance.
Plus, I really miss to see her again~

Ranking Audition
*She was grouped with other contestants with similar age range.
Then they were given a ranking in the group.
The bottom rank has higher chance of being eliminated.

# Sometimes I forgot that she's only 12 years old (international age)

■ She choose to sing 'Wrecking Ball' by Miley Cyrus.
The reason was to show her potential.
# Watch here

■ Ka Kyung and Kyu Won predicted that Brody was going to be rank first.


YHY - Same thing I felt last time. You were a little insecure in the beginning 
but you improve the next round. Today you did the same.
JYP - We're attracted to her because her eyes tell many stories. She looks like an actress. 
Which mean you have the best quality, that is feeling. 
But your pitch is still shaky although better than before. 
The only problem is you can't hold a note for long. As if you're short of breath.
YG - For me, rather than technical skills, I think it's more important to 
have the power to pull people in. You were unstable during the previous 
round and now I can see the immense improvement. 
You've become solid, confident, and mature.

# I really wish they don't mention about how pretty she is. 
This is not Korea's Next Top Model!
I do think she did better this round compared to audition.

RESULTS!
She was rank 2nd, after Kyu Won.

■ She was not around for Showcase round. It's not really an important round (# I would say)
since they were not judged. Just getting feedbacks from the judges.

Team Mission

C (=China), U (=USA)... C U Again!
#That's their group's name btw

■ She was teamed up with Yu Yu Liu (17). 
#I heard she called her Lexi
■ She was shy at first, but warm up to Yu Yu afterwards.
■ Remember the Ox Bone Soup (Seolleongtang) Restaurant she went last time 
with Almeng? She went there again with Yu Yu.
■ They choose to sing Michael Buble's 'Sway' since both of them never tried 
that genre before
#Watch here

# She looks tensed up compared to Yu Yu. She needs to be more confident!

YG - It's like an American singer collaborates with a Chanson(?) singer. 
I was surprised to see Brody mastering high notes
JYP - Maybe it's just me but I felt she was much better 2 years ago, even after the 3rd round. 
She get tensed singing middle and low tones. 
So her voice becomes extremely narrow and there's no resonance. 
You need someone to train you because your singing is going to a wrong direction. 
YG - In Brody's defense, I think this song is for YuYu Liu but not Brody. 
YHY - Every time I see Brody, I felt a bit of weird feeling. 
Last time she was here, she didn't know what's going on. 
But now I can see she's fighting with all her might.

■ They were battling against Kim Young Eun and Seo Kyung Deok.
■ C U Again lose the Team Mission and someone has to be eliminated..
That someone is.. Brody~  ㅠ ㅠ


■ Unfortunately we have to say another goodbye to Brody.
She did not cry after saying her goodbye.. as if she saw it coming..
Remember in season 3, when she was saying her goodbye..


#The editing team has to put the caption, 'She seems to be learning how to overcome pain'.
Aww.. Our baby really has grow up~ ㅠ ㅠ

# What Yoo Hee Yeol said after seeing her go really touches my heart..

"You want your kids to have more confidence but instead, they care
more about what other people think. That breaks my heart..
So, what I really want to tell them is it's not important whether or not
you're good. Don't pay attention to what other people think. 
But in the end, they do that because they really want to be VERY good".

Extra footage:
1

8 comments:

  1. She is now jyp trainee, isnt she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she become a trainee tho? I love her. She is so adorable to. (>~<)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An update on her life, she decided to leave korea to focus on school and her normal life back in the states. Its unfortunate that she didn't become a trainee, but whatever makes her happy is what we should support !

    ReplyDelete