Monday, November 30, 2015

Kpop Star 5 - Audition Part 2

[Kpop Star season 5 Ep 2]

Jin Yu Na [Eliminated]

(Problem - Ariana Grande)

◆ 7 years old, the youngest contestant of this season
◆ She said she was looking forward to meet all the judges, and the best judges she thinks was JYP
◆ She learned singing just by listening to the comments made by the judges from previous seasons

✖ JYP - "It's too early for you to compete against other older contestants"
✔ YHY - "I think you did very well for your age"
✖ YG - "You are charming and you have good sense of pitching but you're too young"

# I bet we'll be seeing her somewhere in the future.. I hope..

Son Ji Yeon [Wild Card]

(To You Who Don't Love Me - Lee So Ra)

◆19 years old, "Small pepper is hotter!"
◆ After getting bullied during middle school, she became shy and timid. She lost her confidence. So she decided to sing to comfort those who has the same experience as her
◆ She prefer singing song that instills sincerity in every word rather than having fancy high notes

✖ JYP - "You reminded me of some existing singer. You sang skillfully but it did not touch my heart"
✖ YG - "There's no sense of originality in the way you sang the song"
✔ YHY - "More than half of the panelist wished you to pass. You sing so well and I feel it's not right to eliminate you in the first round. I'm giving you my wild card"

#She's pretty but I wish she take off her Harry Potter spectacles

Lee Hyo Rim [Passed]

(Goodbye Sadness Hello Happines - Yoon Mi Rae)

◆ 24 years old, Lee Ha Yi's older sister
◆ She envy her sister for being able to become a star
◆ She felt burdened as the older sister and since Ha Yi said her older sister inspired her to be a singer

✔ YHY - She reminded him of his brother and himself. The same sibling rivalry
 ✖ JYP - "You sang the same way you speak but you lack something"
✔ YG - "Ha Yi has a unique charm and I believe you have it in you too"

Yoo Jei [Passed]

(Almost Is Never Enough - Ariana Grande)

◆ 15 years old
◆ She has stage fright so she never did any audition before but after seeing Katie Kim (from her hometown), she thought she should take the challenge

✔ JYP - "I think they have really good water in your town (coz she and Katie Kim can sing well). You have an attractive low and mid-range and you also can do high notes"
✔ YG - "I don't think you realize how special you are yet"
✔ YHY - "I think you sing very well"

Kim In Hye [Passed]

(Mother - Ra D.)

◆17 years old
◆ Her specialty is push-ups 
◆ YHY said he was impressed with her once she started singing 
◆ All of the panelist vote for her except Jung Seung Hwan. I guess he was too focus on her singing that he forgot to press the button.

✔ YHY - "Why aren't you confident of yourself when you can sing this well?"
✔ YG - "You passed"
✖ JYP - "You sing very well but I think you lack something"

Brody B [Passed]

(Dear Future Husband - Meghan Trainor)

◆12 years old, former Kpop Star contestant
◆ She grows around 7 inches = 18 cm
◆ She was extremely nervous and tense backstage
◆ JYP asked about her thoughts during the past 2 years and she said it had a good experience being on Kpop Star.

✖ JYP - "You're getting worse than before. The techniques are not yours yet and your voice are more unstable than before"
✔ YG - "Your voice is unstable but I want to see your performance again"
✔ YHY - "I guess I have some feeling of attachment towards you so I'll give another chance"

Park Min Ji [Passed]

(No More - Han Gi Ran)

◆ 17 years old
◆ She loves big vocal range songs and singer such as Whitney Houston and Beyonce
◆ She don't want to come across as a show-off, so she choose a low-key song
◆ All the panelist vote for her to pass

✔ JYP - "Your soul is beautiful that is why you sang beautifully"
✔ YG - "I disagree with JYP. I don't think you are beautiful. LOL! I was captivated by you half way through the song"
✔ YHY - "I just feel you are somewhat different, just how I felt about Jung Seung Hwan"

Shortcut to ~

1 comment: