Friday, April 3, 2015

Kpop Star 4 - TOP 4 PERFORMANCE

This is just a short re-cap. ^ _ ^ Hope you guys like it!

[Kpop Star 4 - Episode 19]

This time, all the 4 contestants spend some time with JYP. He personally pick them up and drive to a restaurant. During the drive, he talks a lot about music and singers that the contestants like. He even suggest a song that he thinks might be suitable for each contestant.

For Seung Hwan, he suggested New Sensation (1987) by INXS because he thoughts the song could broaden his expression. Then, for Lee Jin Ah, he suggested Smooth Operator (1984) by Sade. #Monologue: None of the songs I have heard before. Pass~

While eating, there's a few things JYP talks about. He told them to take care of their body and probably don't have to retire and to continue doing music till forever. Seung Hwan said he takes care of his body by playing soccer. He used to do Muay Thai and kickboxing in middle school. Wow~ Really?!

And then suddenly JYP asked Katie Kim if she has a boyfriend (she said no) and what's her ideal type. She said she likes someone who looks like a monkey. #Monologue: LOL. This girl is just out of this world.

1 - Lily M. (I Do by Rain)
#MyThought: It was an okay performance. She has her own way of singing that I like. However, this song don't have a climax that makes me go 'Wow!'.


JYP   [91] :Whenever I see her singing, I see her future. Her breathing and vocalization are set.
YG    [88] : I expected more from her. I think this performance is not good enough.
YHY [92] :You are born to be a singer but you still lack power in your singing. Eat more!

2 - Lee Jin Ah (Reminiscence by Sanulrim)
#MyThought: I don't know the song but as I listen to it, I find it a bit boring because the lack of instrument I guess, but that is just my amateur opinion.


JYP    [100] : She added jazz, soul and blues together.
YG     [90]   : She has a remarkable musical ability. I think it's her best performance so far.
YHY  [95]   : I was worried at first but I think she did well choosing to just play the piano.

3 - Katie Kim (Day by Day by Tashannie)
Her mom came to see her perform live. She didn't know all this while that her mother was somewhere in the audience. I think she felt a bit burdensome knowing her mom is around. Of course she wanted to show her best in front of her mom.


JYP    [94] :This is the most stable song you sing so far but I think you were too nervous. I don't feel the emotions.
YG     [97] :I thought it was sad. This is her second best performance (after her rendition of G.O.D), I think.
YHY  [94] :She has a deep color.

4 - Jung Seung Hwan (Please by Deulgukhwa)
#MyThought: Wow~ He can really sings rock song. Those high notes and vibration just give me chill!


JYP   [94] :You were singing as if you are speaking and those high notes are good. But you weren't able to make this song to your color.
YG    [98] :I just realized that you are a singer who can change his voice.
YHY [97] :I thought it was a bad decision but now, I think you can make an old song sound refreshing.

Lily M & Katie Kim Special Performance (All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor)

[Video Not Available]

Lee Jin Ah & Jung Seung Hwan Special Performance (Already One Year by Brown Eyes)



RESULT (40% viewer's vote + 60% judges point):

Lily M. was eliminated (T_T) It was a tough competition so it's understandable. Her last words were:

"It's a pity but I enjoyed it. I'm really thankful. 
I'm going to continue doing music and do my best."

No comments:

Post a Comment