Saturday, July 13, 2013

[Review] I Hear Your Voice

Aaaahhh!!! The drama surpassed the 20% viewer rating mark.. It's a bad omen for me. I've already promised myself NOT to start watching any Korean drama to curb my addiction for it. Aish~ So I did checked it out. At first, I just read the recaps posted by Dramabeans. It was not as thrilled as watching the drama itself but I did get some idea. In the end, I just couldn't stop myself from watching it! Muahaha~~

First of all, this drama has amazing actors and actresses line up. Lee Jong Suk and Lee Bo Young are definitely the eye-candy for this drama. Not to forget that their acting ability are excellent as well.



Lee Jong Suk as Park Su-ha



Lee Bo-young as Jang Hye-Sung




Yoon Sang Hyun as Cha Kwan Woo




Summary:

The story starts when Park Su-ha (Lee Jong Suk) and Jang Hyesung (Lee Bo-young) were young.

Su-ha was in a car with his father at night when a truck suddenly crashed into their car, hitting the driver's side of the car. Su-ha and his father were still alive but injured. The truck driver came to checked on them when Su-ha heard his thoughts, "That bastard is still breathing. I need to kill him in one blow". Su-ha urged his father to run away but his father was killed by the truck driver first.

Hyesung was being blamed for causing Seo Do-yeon's (Lee Da-hee) eye injuries while she insisted that she didn't do it. Do-yeon is her classmate and also her mother's boss's daughter. Her mother works as a housekeeper at Do-yeon's house. No one seems to believe Hyesung except her mother. Even Do-yeon's father (her mother's boss) asks her to admit for her wrongdoing. Her mother got fired thereafter.

Hye-sung tried to make Do-yeon tell her father what truly happened and admit it wasn't Hye-sung fault. But while they were arguing with each other, a loud crash stopped them. It's Su-ha's accident. They saw it when the truck driver hit Su-ha's father with a metal pipe. When the truck driver was going after Su-ha, Hye-sung took her phone out and capture a photo. But the phone announced 'Smile!' which caught the murderer's attention. Su-ha is saved but not Hye-sung. Hye-sung and Do-yeon ran away and hide. The murderer ran after them and warned them if they said a word to anyone, they will be dead. Luckily, the police came in time. *fyuuhhh~*

Inside the courtroom, Su-ha almost lost his case since there's no proof to go against the murderer. Su-ha can reads people mind. He said he knows what the murderer's thinking. The judge was unfazed.

Doyeon and Hyesung are both afraid to testify as they still remember the murderer's warning. However, only Hyesung went to testify and brings her phone as the proof. The murderer got agitated and he tried to attack Hyesung by strangling her. *Yikes!* He was stopped by the guard.

Outside the courthouse, Hyesung was seen crying. Su-ha came and thanked her for her help. However, Hyesung regretted her decision to testify since the murderer would be looking for her later when he's released. Su-ha assured Hyesung that he will protect her then. *Kyaaa~*

So, ten years later.. Su-ha is in high school while Hyesung is a lawyer. Hyesung was recently appointed as public defender. She was not interested in defending anyone because she doesn't want to go out of her way to prove someone innocence. It reminds her of the day when she burst into the courtroom as a witness for Su-ha. In a way, she was conflicted. Helping others has cost her; her own life.The only reason she applied to become a public defender is to pleased her mother (plus she owed her mother some money). Su-ha met Hyesung again when she had to handle the case for his classmate, Sungbin, who was wrongly accused for attempted murder.

Su-ha has this 'ridiculous' imagination of Hyesung as a perfect person. A person who would stand for others to revealed their innocence without asking for any pay (definition of a public defender). However, he learned that Hyesung was the opposite of whatever he had imagined before. She's just someone with a prickly attitude, I would say.

Su-ha can't seems to leave Hyesung's side since he found out Min Joong Gook was released from prison. *Yikes!* After a while, Hyesung found out about it too. They started to live together since there were signs that Min Joong Gook did try to get in contact with Hyesung.

Personal review:

The storyline is captivating and thrilling. I would say it was nothing typical about this drama. Each episode is full of twist and turn.

The beginning of the drama was exciting as the past was revealed little by little. The only question you are left with is "Why did Min Joong Gok killed Su-ha's father???" Also, there are some other mysteries revealed also. Judge Seo seems so uneasy when Hwang Dal Joong's name is being mentioned. Why is that? Even his wife didn't know about it? Hul~ I think Do-yeon is accepting the truth well. Finally I can see that she has a good heart. Actually I knew it before also when she said she regretted not testifying against Min Jong Gook 10 years ago. It's just the fact that she didn't apologize for wrongly accusing Hyesung 10 years ago that made me a bit hesitant to believe this girl. But hey! She did apologize to Hyesung after Hyesung saved her biological father. Hurray!!! I have to admit that sometimes it is hard to admit that you are wrong after some time. I am proud that she managed to do that.

This drama is not for entertainment only. I believed you can learn about law, life and love. I am rooting for Cha Kwan Woo character! He is just someone who you can look up to. He always sees thing in a bright side which I do wish such a person do exist in this world. When he has to defend Min Joong Gok for murder charges against the death of Hyesung's mom, I can understand how stressful and conflicted he must be. As a lawyer, he did a great job. As a boyfriend, it's a horrible thing he did. He did try to make up to Hyesung after that. I'm glad Hyesung understand his kind gestures and that she didn't hold grudge or push him aside. It's so strong of her to be able to do so. I don't know if I'll be able to do that if it was me.

As Su-ha and Hyesung relationship.. I'm just very envious. That's all I can say.. Haha.. They are trying to protect each other. Hyesung promised to her mom that she will not hate anyone or seek revenge while Su-ha promised to Hyesung that he will not seek revenge from Min Jong Gook. I guess 'promise' has a strong effect in this story. Moral of the story: Always keep your promise!

I would like to comment a bit about the end of this drama. Hmm.. I was not satisfied with the part when Min Joong Gok called out Su-ha just to make him a killer. I mean, I understand his point.. It's just that I think he didn't plan his mission thoroughly. Did he really thinks that Su-ha will come to the rooftop without any back-up? Shouldn't he has some kind of plan B? Isn't that what we usually see in drama where the villain plan everything so thoroughly that it was almost impossible to catch them. Hmm.. Maybe his plan B is trying to get both him and Su-ha killed. Yeah.. That's it! He just don't have any motive to live on anyway.. So whether killing himself or getting lock up in the prison doesn't make any different anymore. I pity him. He has a weak heart. Blaming someone is easier that blaming yourself, you know. I know how unfair it was for him when his wife's donor heart was taken away. It's a painful moment for him. But that doesn't justify you have the right to kill someone. Moral of the story: Once you commit murder, your reason for seeking revenge become void. You are just a murderer, regardless.

I hope you guys had a great time watching this drama as well. I know I did. I read a lot of comments saying this is the best drama they had ever seen. *Well, some thing along that line* I'm not sure why are you reading my review. Haha.. Just let me know if my review is good enough or if there's anything I missed out.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing drama if not the best EVAR! The last four episodes are what elevated this wonderful drama from great to the rarefied air of greatness.

    ReplyDelete