Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Kpop Star 5 - Ranking Audition (Part 2)

[Kpop Star season 5 Ep 4]

Lucky Six Group

Park Ka Kyung (12)

(Should I Tell You I Love You - Soyu)

◆ She had not confessed to anyone but someone did confess to her before, so she can sympathize how that person must be feeling

JYP - "Your singing is still unstable but it is not boring"
YHY - "You're a 'rough gemstone' to me"
YG - "Your singing is unstable and rough, but it manages to reach our hearts"

Brody B. (12)

(Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus)

◆ She choose the song to show her potentials
◆ Two of the contestants choose Brody as the possible number one for this group

YHY - "You are getting much better"
JYP - "The reason we're so attracted to her is that her eyes tell many stories. But your pitch are still unstable"
YG - "You did improve after these two years. You've become more solid, confident and mature."

# I'm a bit annoyed that YG and JYP keeps on admiring her face. I mean, she's there to sing! I think Brody's singing this time is just well-staged.  

Lee Kyu Won (11)

(My Everything - Arianna Grande)

◆ During the audition, she said that she figured out the breathing technique herself.
◆ When she introduced herself, she did say she's the 'smarty' one. She got perfect scores for all the subjects before. She's definitely smart!
◆ She took this song as a challenge to express herself well

YHY - "Your singing skills are incredible, I think you can even beat the older contestants"
YG - "If you were my daughter, I would train you right away"
JYP - "It's impressive that you manage to change from head voice to chest voice perfectly"

# I guess I'm really bad at judging people's singing. The feeling did not reach me with this one.

Iris Hwang (13)

(Suitcase - Emeli Sande)

◆ The song is about her boyfriend leaving with a suitcase and she don't know the reason
◆ She has never experienced it so she just imagine if one of her friends would leave her

YHY - "You have mature and deep voice"
JYP - "One thing I would like to point out is that there's no novelty"
YG - "This song needs someone with unique or charming voice to keep them listening till the end and you lack that"

# She has a really nice voice! Looking forward for her next performance.

Kim Shi Yoon (10)

(Come Back Home - 2NE1)

◆ She's from Vancouver, Canada
◆ She sings and dances to 'Come Back Home' - 2NE1

YHY - "Your singing need to be perfected before you can dance too"

Lee Yoon Seo (10)

(You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban)

JYP - "I'm glad that you no longer bend all the notes when you sing"
YG - "If in a drama, you can't take the lead role yet"

RESULTS!

1 - Lee Kyu Won
2 - Brody B.
3 - Park Ka Kyung
4 - Iris Hwang
5 - Kim Shi Yoon [Eliminated]
6 - Lee Yoon Seo [Eliminated]

[Bibimbap group]

Park Min Ji (17)

(I'm in Love - Ailee)

◆ She initially prepared the song 'That I Was Once By Your Side" by YHY
◆ YHY in the end assigned her to find out what she wants to show for the next round and find a song that suits her the most
◆ She chooses a song that she heard a lot of times but never sung to people before

YHY - "You could win 1st place at any show if you sing like that"
JYP - "I wish you could loosen up a bit when singing"
YG - "I could hear every word you sing and it's like you mean it"

Lee Si Eun (21)

(Cactus - Sung Si Kyung)

◆ She felt a lot of pressure since the other contestants are talented too
◆ This round, the song is about sadness after breaking up

JYP - "You sounded like someone's real girlfriend singing but not a singer. It's amateurish"
YHY - "I think you sing really well. Nothing much to criticize about. But find your own style"
YG - "You sing well but you lack uniqueness"

Joo Mi Yeon (24)

(You Bring Tears to My Eyes - M.C. the Max)

◆ She has stage fright problem since she lose her confidence on herself (not getting accepted to any university and the way she look)
◆ She used to enjoy singing in front of people but now she felt she's being judged all the time

YHY - "Every line of the lyrics just pierces my heart. Wow~"
YG - "You're a great singer and your voice is unique"
JYP - "She has some old sentiments but it doesn't sound old"

No comments:

Post a Comment