Saturday, February 14, 2015

KPOP STAR 4 - Audition Round (Part 3)


EPISODE 3

♦ Faustina Ryu, 11, US

She is the 6th child from 8 siblings. Amazingly, both of her parents are actually Korean but she don't really look Korean. I guess her name made me thought she's a Japanese.

(Brave - Sara Bareilles)

[O] JYP   : You could pass becoz you fit into all the qualities I want.
[O] YHY : She 'stabbed' the notes (during refrain) as if I was shot by an arrow.
[X] YG    : I don't want her to be taught in a confined environment and just want her to be free.

♦ Na Soo Hyun, 15, Sydney

She won first place at Sydney's Superstar and was praised in The Voice Kids. She has a powerful high notes. So what? Ahaha.. (imitating Yu Min Sang's gag skit) I was impressed by her high notes but I guess she needs to be a bit more humble. She's really talented and smart. She did well in her studies, can speak six languages and play piano, flute and guitar.

(Chandelier by Sia)

[X] JYP   : I'm sorry JYPE has rejected you but I'm going to give the same answer.
[O] YHY : You caught me by surprise when you sing the high notes but it's not appealing.
[O] YG    : You did well but's it's a pity. You pass becoz your singing skills.

*barely pass coz she sings without any emotion

♦ Tony Eum, 20, Hong Kong

He did pass the first round last season but Round 2 overlapped with his college exams, so he has to drop out. He was criticized by JYP for not having any talent (Ouch!). So he decided to learn the techniques that JYP teaches the past contestants.

(Story of My Life by One Direction)

[O] JYP   : You're just excited to sing but you don't feel it. Please sing better next round.
[O] YHY : You're like a white person who sings acoustic pop.
[O] YG    : I liked the way you just sing as you felt it.

♦ Lee Hee Joo, 23

She tried out for all the previous 3 seasons and she still audition again. She majored in Practical Music. But it seems like it's tough to get through the industry. Her parents advised her to learn a new skill.

(My Same by Adele)

[X] JYP   : You have to learn a new skill if you sing like that.
[O] YHY : This could be another beginning but do your own music.
[O] YG    : You are smart if you can hold on to only necessary knowledge, not all.

♦ Kim Dong Woo, 32

He's the oldest contestant for this season. He quit his job 2 years ago just to get serious with music, only to realize doing music is not enough to survive. He said this will be his last attempt at doing music.

(Hidden Road by Yoo Jae Ha)

[X] JYP   : The best dream is the intersection of what you want to do and what you do well.
[O] YHY : I thought of clearing some of the fog in your path as I listened.
[X] YG    : Your singing is not that special. You should face reality, not dream, at your age.

 *YHY gave him a WILD CARD.

♦ Ada Wong, 14, New Zealand

She started karate since she was 6 years old. She just loves to sing but she don't have any music background.

(When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars)

[O] JYP   : It's as if all the women I dated before are talking to me.
[O] YHY : Her tune is bad but why do I feel strange?
[O] YG    : She sings as if she's speaking to us and she conveys the feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment