Tuesday, December 2, 2014

KPOP STAR 4: Lee Jin Ah - Audition round

I have to admit that I was amused (and surprised) to hear her voice at first. Even the judges was taken aback when they heard her voice for the first time. Yoo Hee Yeol remarks was especially hilarious, 'Is that really your voice?'.

Lee Jin Ah is a singer-songwriter, aged 24, from Gwang-ju. She has already released an album titled 'Invisible' but it was a complete failure. Too bad that her musicality was not recognized.


She said she used to be teased by boys during her middle and high school years. But her voice did not bother her at all. She just wanted to be a singer-songwriter and let others listen to her song. Previously she did perform in Hongdae and even released an album. Nothing changed and she did not get much recognition.

She was worried coming to audition because her voice is not powerful enough for this competition. But the president of her former agency persuaded her to try out the audition for Kpop Star 4. Thankfully she did .. Honestly I am not a professional in terms of music but seeing how the judges respond to her song, it must be a big deal then. Actually she was in Mnet Tune Up before. I prefer her piano-playing version instead of the whole band version. You can check out both her performances below.



Lee Jin Ah: "I'm sorry but the feet pedal is not working"
Yoo Hee Yeol: "You pass! No need to sing. I'm already amazed by your musicality"



Time, Slows Down - Lee Jin Ah

When I am walking hand in hand with you
I always start to sing a song
Lala laa ~
Strangely, whenever I am with you
Time always flies away

When I am walking hand in hand with you
I always start to sing a song
Lala laa ~
Strangely, whenever I am with you
Time always flies away

[Chorus]
Oh Time, could you slows down a bit?
I think you're going to fast 
Could you go slower for me a bit
Just a little, a little bit
Slowly, slowly
Could you go by?

How can it be?
The day is over so quickly
With you by my side
How time flies
I think I'm going to be a grandma soon
Will this feeling last forever?

[Chorus] × 2

No comments:

Post a Comment